Author: Aven Ellis
Narrator: Andrea Emmes
Length: 21 hours and 8 minute
Series: Modern Royals, Book 2
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Released: July 24, 2019
Genre: Romantic Comedy
A modern princess. A charming commoner. Can they hurdle tradition to find true love? Princess Elizabeth “Liz” of York isn’t interested in a fairy tale life. Determined to use her elite platform to champion children’s causes, she’d much rather raise awareness than find her prince. If only she could stop picturing one certain gardener with vivid hazel eyes…. When the relentless paparazzi invade her space, Liz’s crush comes to her rescue and steals her heart. Tossing aside centuries of tradition for something real, she takes Roman’s calloused hand and braces for the backlash. But after her progressive approach ruffles more than a few feathers, one member of the monarchy vows to keep the princess locked in her stylish but decidedly ivory tower. Can Liz break through her birthright to find a powerful kind of love?
Aven began her publishing career in 2013 with her debut release, Connectivity. She currently writes hockey and baseball romances as well as a modern royal romance series. Her books are designed to make readers laugh out loud and fall in love. Happily-ever-after endings and good-boy heroes are guaranteed. Aven lives in the Dallas area with her family. She is a huge fan of both the Dallas Stars and Texas Rangers. Aven loves shopping and fashion and can spend hours playing with fragrances in any department store. She can be found chatting it up on social media, eating specialty M&Ms, and crushing on the latest outfit the Duchess of Cambridge is wearing. Best Selling, Award Winning Audiobook Narrator, Andrea Emmes was born in Hollywood, Florida, grew up in both Tennessee and Rhode Island and started her career in musical theatre. She’s enjoyed an eclectic career as a singer, dancer, Vegas Headliner, Magician’s Assistant, a Recording Artist and a Video Game Designer. A total book nerd, Andrea, now enjoys narrating all genres of audiobooks, especially YA, LitRPG, Mystery, Romance, and NonFictionat her professional home studio in San Jose, CA. Her wide range of character voices and dynamic/emotionally invested performances has reviewers and listeners alike commenting on how she effortlessly pulls listeners in and has versatility and charisma. Fun Facts: Andrea has a Bachelor of Science in Game Art and Design; was a game designer for Disney Interactive; and gets her gamer-geek on playing games of all kinds!
Aven Ellis’ Top Ten Literary inspirations
- Sophie Kinsella. The moment I started reading Confessions of a Shopaholic, I felt as though I had never read anything like it before. It was so funny, so vivid, so bright. I knew instantly that these where the kind of stories I wanted to write-ones with humor and heart. And that began my path toward becoming a romantic comedy writer.
- Georgette Heyer. I absolutely love her regency romances, in particular Sylvester and The Grand Sophy, which had me laughing out loud. Absolutely brilliant writing.
- Jane Austen. The way she weaves together a story is masterful. These are re-reads for me.
- JK Rowling. The fact that she had such strength and perseverance to follow her writing dream is truly inspiring.
- Maeve Binchy. She wrote the most beautiful descriptions and stories with so many layers.
- Julia Child. Her book Mastering the Art of French Cooking is a masterpiece. When you read her book My Life In France, you see what a monumental undertaking it was to write that cookbook and in this book, you feel like you are on the journey. I absolutely love both of them.
- Julia Quinn. Her Bridgerton series is a master class in laying out a series. How the plots are so thought out, so interwoven to lead to the next book, is brilliant.
- Margaret Mitchell. Gone with the Wind, need I say more? I love the way her plotting kept me turning the page.
- Helen Fielding. Bridget Jones’s Diary is humor at it’s best. She is another comedic inspiration for me.
- Emma MCLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, The Nanny Diaries. I still remember parts of this book, which made me laugh and made me sad. Most of all, I remember feeling it was totally unique and I loved that about their writing style.
Giveaway: $25 Amazon Gift CardModern Royals Giveaway: $25 Amazon Gift Card https://js.gleam.io/e.js
BOOK 1- A ROYAL SHADE OF BLUEAug. 25th: Country Road Reviews Viviana MacKade The Book Junkie Reads . . . Aug. 26th: A Blue Million Books KayBee’s Bookshelf, A Literary Blog One Last Page Book Blog T’s Stuff Aug. 27th: Author C.A. Gray My Creatively Random Life The Book Addict’s Reviews Aug. 28th: Valerie Ullmer | Romance Author Locks, Hooks and Books WonderlandiansBooks Aug. 29th: Jazzy Book Reviews Reading for the Love of Books Audiobook Ebook Fascination Aug. 30th: What Is That Book About Nesie’s Place BookishOwlette (Review, Giveaway) Turning Another Page Aug. 31st: Teatime and Books Haddie’s Haven Smada’s Book Smack Dazzled by Books Guilty Indulgence Bookclub
BOOK 2- THE PRINCESS POSESep. 1st: Country Road Reviews Dazzled by Books Sep. 2nd: Valerie Ullmer | Romance Author The Book Junkie Reads . . . KayBee’s Bookshelf, A Literary Blog Sep. 3rd: A Blue Million Books One Last Page Book Blog T’s Stuff Turning Another Page Sep. 4th: Author C.A. Gray WonderlandiansBooks The Book Addict’s Reviews Sep. 5th: Viviana MacKade Locks, Hooks and Books BookishOwlette Audiobook Ebook Fascination Sep. 6th: Haddie’s Haven Smada’s Book Smack Reading for the Love of Books Guilty Indulgence Bookclub Sep. 7th: Teatime and Books Jazzy Book Reviews My Creatively Random Life
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
Sign up as a tour host here.